CommonJS Project History
- January 2009: the group was formed as "ServerJS" following a blog post on Kevin Dangoor's Blue Sky on Mars
- March 2009: the dust had settled around "securable modules" as the module style for the group. This is CommonJS API 0.1
- April 2009: CommonJS modules were shown off with several implementations at the first JSConf in Washington, DC.
- August 2009: The group name was formally changed to CommonJS to reflect the broader applicability of the APIs.
- // Formatting has been cleaned up around the site and on the Modules 1.0 page.
- // This website has been replaced with a new one backed by the wiki so it can be edited by the whole commonjs community.
- // We are no longer using the bulk 0.1 and 0.5 specification version numbers. Specs individually are marked as standards.